We deserve happiness!!!
According to the World Health Organization, women are twice as depressed as men and according to University of Pennsylvania research, women are less happy today than women were 30 years ago. We have more opportunity, more wealth, and more misery.
According to the National Institute of Health, approximately 12 million women in the United States alone experience clinical depression each year, meaning 1 in 8 women will likely develop clinical depression during her lifetime. Furthermore, this discrepancy in depression begins when we're kids. Girls 14-18 experience more depression than boys.
THERE ARE MANY REASONS FOR WOMEN'S DEPRESSION AND UNHAPPINESS INCLUDING:
- Pressures to "have it all" and "be everything" to everyone isn't working. We're trying to be perfect in every area and it's tearing us apart.
- Since we still do more child and home care, we're carrying the mental load for the household (while potentially also balancing career) and it's more than any one person can do.
- Women have had more abuse trauma and need to learn how to grow from it.
- Women ruminate more than men, meaning stress impacts women's brains, mindset and confidence.
- More than 80% of women dislike some aspect of their bodies. We're sold an image that makes us feel unworthy and it's not working
- We're working just as hard as men but we make less money which makes women feel inadequate.
- We learn to be people pleasers so we suppress what we need and want.
- We're isolated, trying to do it all alone and pretend that we have it all together.
Women don't have to live like this. Even for women who aren't depressed, many aren't happy or flourishing, and we deserve better! We take care of everyone else, so we deserve to thrive! Women need an outlet and a solution to be their full selves and be happy. A Whole Woman is a happy woman. A woman who is in touch with her true, deep desires, her sensuality, her sexuality, her fierce inner Warrior, and heart intuition, and her joyful playful self is happy. And women's happiness matters. When a woman is happy, everyone benefits. Depression can cause the person, their families, and their work to suffer. Women are still the major caretakers of the home and of children, while they are in the workforce in nearly equal numbers. Therefore, excessive women's depression impacts kids, businesses, and the economy. Something has to change.
Women's Global Happiness Day is a day for women around the world to claim happiness, self-love, and purpose.